Friday, June 29, 2012

TOBEY & JULIE

It's Friday!  I am going to be away for the weekend and will not be returning until Wednesday.  Independence Day.  July 4th for those who may not be US residents.  I expect to be on a beach in Puerto Rico for a couple of days.

It has been FAR TOO LONG since I've removed my body, mind and soul (all at the same time, that is) from its present surroundings for a trip with no planned agenda.  I'm leaving this evening.  I'm turning a corner and frankly, I don't know what's on the next street.  Wouldn't you agree, I've been a bit on the cryptic side with a couple of comments and cracks in recent posts.  Maybe I've not been and I've thought about saying cryptic-ish stuff..... No matter.....  A wonderful weekend to all.

I will be totally and completely unplugged until sometime Wednesday night or Thursday.  I'm not sure about my travel arrangements.  I'm not packed despite the fact I have to be out of this house in eight hours.  Welcome to Chemobrainland. Is that a version of Candyland?  Can I turn it into a version of Candyland?  That will be one of the things I ponder while I'm on the beach..... slathered in sunblock or seated in the shade.  A glass of water on one side for hydration and a glass adorned with some sort of umbrella on the other side.

If I may impose on you to share these events..... Two friends head up two different grassroots organizations and each of them will be having fundraising events.  If you are so inclined and in the area.... For you consideration... or please, DO share if you are an out-of-towner and you know anyone in this neck of the woods.......

They are in date order:

The first event is on July 28th.  It's a high profile party in the Hamptons featuring some equally high profile guests.  Julie Ratner is a member of NBCC.  She is also a friend of my dear yoga instructor and it was through Lorraine that I was introduced to Julie.  I met Julie in DC and we got a chance to spend a bit of time together.  Julie's sister died of Metastatic Breast Cancer.  The Ellen Hermanson Foundation was established in Ellen's memory.  If you have no plans on July 28 and you can find your way to the Hamptons, tickets are available to anyone who wishes to attend the event.

Scroll below to the second fund raising event for Previvors and Survivors.  I met Tobey through social media, specifically, twitter.  We met for lunch and Tobey is a true gem with a huge heart.  She runs a grassroots, 100% volunteer driven non-profit to help women who are recovering from surgery.  She has a fabulous website which you can uses anonymously.  Since Previvors and Survivors involves a sensitive hereditary issue, the website is set up in such a way that no one need identify themselves.  Tobey's masquerade ball is in October.  Save the date AND, if you have anything you may be able to donate as a raffle prize, please go to the website and send Tobey an email.  Every dime raised goes to help a woman in need.  Everything counts and every little bit helps.

Two local organizations....... worthy of neighborly support.  If you are in the NYC/LI area, please consider joining the fun!








10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! And let me just mention for anyone who may think about coming near my house, besides my pit bull and my alarm that is better than anything cracked by the gang in Oceans Eleven, both of my kids are home. In other words, the house isn't vacant..... And I have exceptionally nosy neighbors, too....

      :)

      Delete
  2. Have a great time in Puerto Rico!! You deserve the break. The two organizations you mentioned seem worthwhile indeed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beth... They absolutely are..... Tobey already responded her thanks and Julie has done tremendous work on the east end of LI. Her sister was a FIERCE advocate and Julie picked up where she left off when she was taken by this damn disease... far too young....

      xoxox

      Delete
  3. Thank you for the post AnneMarie...really appreciate it. Honestly, I'm chuckling now, because my first reaction when I saw the twitter post was... OH NO...DON'T TELL ME SHE DIDN'T GO AWAY! I hope you have a wonderful vaca & sort things out. xoxo Luv you. Tobey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are VERY welcome, my dear friend. I will repost about your fund raiser as the time draws near.... You are doing truly great things for so many. Love you.... xoxox

      Delete
  4. Have the best time ever. Relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a fantastic time, AM. You certainly deserve it! Tobey, you rock, sistah. Great causes, both. xoxo, Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time, AnneMarie. You deserve that nice long trip to regroup and recuperate. You are a very busy, energetic gal with lots of influence. Wish I could be in the area to attend these gala events. I hope some of your readers are able to make it. Have a wonderful Fourth! In the meantime, stay as you are: smart, sassy and snarky. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Do Share!