Thursday, January 3, 2013

WHAT ?? NO BALLS ??!!?!

Today, I am dismantling my Christmas tree.  Removing the lights.  My very dear friend stopped here shortly before midnight on New Year's Eve.  She looked at the lighted tree from the front door.

"The tree is beautiful......" and she stopped herself from making another comment as she approached the tree.  "Where are the balls?" she asked, with a bit of that school teacher admonishment in her voice. Within a millisecond, we were laughing until our sides ached.

Who knew?  My tree was a metaphor for my life.  Her life, too.  Not all aspects, but certainly some.  Plenty of light but sometimes, no balls.

Here's my final photo of the Christmas tree of 2012.  Truth of the matter?  I am far more impressed with the bougainvillea off to the right.  I could see that one of them appeared to have buds that would soon blossom into those flowers that I love so much.  I never expected this.



I am stunned at how that plant is flowering......  Look:


In August when we were celebrating the ordinary, I was a bit wistful.

The photos from the summertime when these sat poolside are in the post I wrote on August 27.

I have no idea how or why this thing is flowering but it makes me smile.  And right now, damn if I can't use everything I can get my hands on to make me smile.


6 comments:

  1. Some things just don't need explaining...It does it all on its own. Enjoy your moment!! It's beautiful!!
    Love Alli XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, some things do NOT need to be explained, just enjoyed. Today, the tree is outside and those plants are majestic!

      xoxox

      Delete
  2. AM I remember your talking about your bougainvillea, so happy to see it is thriving INDOORS! Awesome! And thanks for the laugh about the ball-less tree! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I swear I was more concerned about positioning the tree so as not to move those plants. The tree without balls? That WILL be among the episodes on the top of our giggle list. For Sure....

      Delete
  3. Oh, you've got balls girl. Brass ones!! I love you. Carmen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha!!! You know me in real life, you know me from well before cancer. I remember reading your words on July 27, 2006..... "I had to walk away from my computer......"

      You have held me up through SO much. If they are brass, they are because of you and the rest of our gang....

      I love you more...

      xoxox

      Delete

Something to add? Do Share!