Tuesday, October 29, 2013

MOVING DAY, A NEW ADDRESS

So I don't have a complete meltdown like I did last week, there is no blog post today and if for any reason the blog goes down for a while, it is because I'm moving.

I'm not too savvy with all of this techie stuff but I know that a move would have been far easier if I began this blog using wordpress rather than blogger.

Last week, on one of the most important blog posts, I migrated over to the new address and TaDA!  The host site was down for an entire day.  I had promised Angelo Merendino this blog space for his birthday and THAT was the day this mess occurred.

Since I had just messed around with some code and had to enter very specific things on the blogger side and then on the domain host, when the blog just disappeared, I freaked out.  I knew it could be retrieved and fixed but damn if I didn't spend an hour or more trying to figure out what was wrong before I realized it was not me.  I started to see messages all over twitter about this outage.

There was NO WAY I was keeping the domain with that particular company (Network Solutions if anyone is interested).  So, I had to go through this whole process of releasing the domain from them to the new company and then, it takes a few days for the transfer to be complete.  In the age of instant everything, this, I do not understand but whatever.

The address is now at the new host.  I will make the adjustments to have everything moved.  The site may go down for a few hours, or it may be minutes before everything is complete.  My little shoe in the address bar will likely be gone.  I spent hours trying to figure that out only to realize, not possible.  The end.  Give it up.  It's not important.....

I will now be located at www.chemobrainfog.com - I have no idea what I need to do to track my analytics (not that I ever even look at them but still, having more information than I need is always the better choice).

Farewell to my shoe... it's a smoking hot shoe, too.....  maybe I'll figure out how to get that back in the address bar..... for any tech savvy folks... it's blogger to ipage.  And I REALLY do love this shoe.  And, the quote that always streams in my mind, I have just learned, belongs not to Marilyn Monroe, but to Bette Midler.  Apropos.  The Wind Beneath My Wings....  so close to my heart... and the motivation behind the shoe....  the quote:

"Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world."

I'll settle for NY.  No, I won't.  I'd rather take on the whole damn universe.  I'm ready.


 Like it?  Share it!

7 comments:

  1. The reason the change takes a while to go into effect is that it needs to filter through the servers on the internet which takes 24-72 hours depending on who you ask. Network Solutions was down due to being hacked and trying to reset their servers. All seems well then. Find the shoe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I knew someone would know what happened with NS. I thought it was hacked and they kept denying it. That's what pissed me off..... !!!! Now, I have the shoe in an .ico file. Let's see what I can do about it!

      Delete
  2. Oh, this cracks me up. I am exactly where you are, wishing I had started out on wordpress vs. blogger and so clueless about how to migrate, but will figure it out at some point I suppose, tech stuff makes me crazy. Love the cute, the Divine Miss M always has something worthwhile to say. Good luck with the move....!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops, meant to say quote, obviously :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! I'm SO glad you're coming over to the wonderful world of WordPress! Can't tell you how many times I tried to comment on your blog and Blogger made me jump through hoops and still rejected me. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck on the move! I'll be watching for the new address. (Let me know if you have any ?s re: Wordpress, etc.)

    Darla - @ www.intake.me

    ReplyDelete
  6. This did not work yesterday, so glad to see you up and running today!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Do Share!