Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WHAT DO SOCIAL MEDIA AND CHEMOTHERAPY HAVE IN COMMON ?

Take a look at this infographic. I see myself in more than one place on this chart. You, too?

Two days ago, I think I may have said that Dr. Ganz had "an ace in the hole" as she was approaching a microphone to challenge the findings of a research study. Today, it's fair to say I am adding insult to injury by virtue of my social media activity.

I admit to distracted brain, I've been quick to blame chemo but... I may need a little discipline to correct some of my own problems.   It's one more block to add to the foundation I've been building this week.  I am going to study this poster to see how I can build a more productive day.  Interesting poster and more than likely adding to my ongoing distracted brain.

More interesting? According to this chart, a study at UCLA was done on this phenomenon. With tongue firmly inserted in cheek (or not), I might offer a suggestion. Maybe it would be a good idea to cross reference the research with Patti Ganz and company?  I see lots of words that look mighty familiar!


Effect of Social Media in our Life


Filed at Infographicsposters.com in Social Media Infographics

7 comments:

  1. Clever analogy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so, too-- when I see things like rewiring the brain and ability to multi-task and focus ...... I couldn't resist putting the two things together!!!

      Hugs my friend,

      AnneMarie

      Delete
  2. Fascinating! As we grapple with my iPad addiction and our daughter's screen time, this gives us more food for thought. ~Kate of Kate Has Cancer (http://katebreastcancer.blogspot.ca)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for identifying yourself!!! Blog is now on the blog list and my Feedly page (where I have organized all of my blog buddies) ...

      Hugs...

      AM

      Delete
  3. dear annemarie,

    WOW! so glad you found this, and that it made for such a great exclamation point for past posts. don't you LOVE it when that happens?!

    love, XOXOXOXO

    karen, TC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I DO love it... the big problem is... now what??????

      I'd love to keep the theme going for the week!!

      LOVE you...

      xoxox

      Delete
  4. Yowzers! I know I'm hooked on social media, though I've been leaving pots on the oven too long for wayyyyy longer than social media has been in my life :)

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Do Share!