Friday, April 26, 2013

DISTRACTIONS OR OPPORTUNITIES ??

I've been on point all week.  It's been about chemobrain!  I love this cartoon and it's apropos for me to end the week having kept to the theme.  John Atkins has some very funny cartoons.  Quite talented and worth a peek.

Cartoons by John Atkins can be found at wronghands1.wordpress.com.  This particular little sketch works in tandem with the infographic I posted earlier this week.  I think I can safely say the commotion in the pre Social Media world created an equal amount of distraction.... it just wasn't all happening in such an instantaneous and simultaneous fashion.  Back in the vintage days, one had to physically MOVE from one area to another.  Now, it's all on this screen.... usually with every one of those tabs (and possibly a few more) open in a browser window.  It's just lots of clicking.

I'm not going to get all sappy now, but the distractions have turned into opportunities.  The distractions have provided me with real relationships that would NEVER have existed if not for one link leading to the next.  I owe a debt of gratitude to the distractions.......   My life, in its present form, a form with which I am quite fulfilled is solely, completely and fully the result of distractions.  And the fruit of those distractions......  

4 comments:

  1. Loved this graphic--and the one earlier in the week! I, too, love the opportunities these social distractions have created in my life! JoAnn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I this proves my point... I now clicked to your blog. EMWA.... I LOVE that.... and I'm not telling.... if anyone reading this needs to know, click the link and it will take you there!

      Have a great weekend!

      AnneMarie

      Delete
    2. Thanks, AnneMarie!

      I'm so glad Blogger added 'like' functions and the ability to sign in to comment with a Word Press blog account. I have tried to post a couple of times to your blog in the past and for whatever reason, it wouldn't go through. Love your passion, energy and writing--and have meant to pass that on a number of times. Finally! :-)

      Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
      JoAnn

      Delete
  2. I've seen this cartoon several times this week and like you I loved it! I am hopelessly sidetracked by social media distractions every day but I like how you frame it here - sometimes it's true that those distractions can be opportunities.
    PS: I never ever mind being distracted by you ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Do Share!