Wednesday, December 19, 2012

GRACE AND GRATITUDE AND THE TREE

I don't know how to even begin to thank the many people both here and on twitter who have reached out to offer me support and love and encouragement.  And, those who have texted and emailed and called, too....

You know what it's like when shit piles up.  Well... that's a pretty good description of what has been going on around here. Mom's PET, my sister's MRI were just the icing on an already piled too high mess of stuff.  Hearing Barb's voice confirming "it's not ovarian cancer, my breast cancer has spread to my ovaries" was the tipping point for the whole mess.  And there's Barb, offering me love and hugs when mom called to let me know the whole "plan" for this biopsy changed.

Of course, I sprang into action and this morning, I am at MSKCC for my annual (I THINK it's annual although it may be a six month thing again) check up with the gyn oncologist.  I am prepared to get a "we need to redo" something in the days ahead.  I swear, I won't freak.

My priorities are all straight.  I can't do a damn thing.  I'm sticking with my ever famous mantra.

"There's nothing to talk about until there is something to talk about."

Thanks, Ann But Doctor I Hate Pink for the gentle reminder in a wonderfully written comment she left yesterday.

Great suggestion, too..... about the Christmas tree.......  Here's the ever so lovely photograph... the tree is crooked, nary a light to be found BUT, with good reason.  I was busy doing some shopping.  I can internet shop 24/7 but if I need a department store, I have to schedule my time around THEIR hours.  Today, I will finish the brick and mortar shopping after I leave the doctor's office.  Then, I'll make this tree rival the one in Rock Center.

Unless, of course, I decide to have a PTSD meltdown when I leave that building.

I may forget the holiday shopping in favor of the best retail therapy I can find..... Shoe Shopping..... because I'm with Marilyn on this one....

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world."

Fully decorated tree photo to follow shortly.  Meantime, the tree is beautiful.... it just needs a bit of adjusting and lots of lights. Lots and lots of lights......


5 comments:

  1. The tree is beautiful even without light! But I am sure you will get the lights on (in lots of ways)!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you and your family and friends. This is such a tough time of the year for so many.
    XOXOXO,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tree will be what the tree will be. It sounds like your appointment is in the city, so enjoy it. Sending you extra hugs, prayers and love XoXoXo - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you and hoping unexpected good news will follow. I am reminded of a time....13 years ago....my then 26 year old daughter was in MSKCC for a stem cell transplant due to non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and my dad was also at MSKCC having a colon cancer tumor removed. I thought I would lose my mind. I remember standing by the bank of elevators , going down to see my daughter after visiting my dad, and just leaning on the wall in total exhaustion. We got through. This month I am so very grateful that we will be celebrating my daughter 's 40th. None of us knew we were as strong as we were. You have that same strength and will get through this tough time too . Please know there are so many of us who follow your blog who are sending warm thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you and hoping unexpected good news will follow. I am reminded of a time....13 years ago....my then 26 year old daughter was in MSKCC for a stem cell transplant due to non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and my dad was also at MSKCC having a colon cancer tumor removed. I thought I would lose my mind. I remember standing by the bank of elevators , going down to see my daughter after visiting my dad, and just leaning on the wall in total exhaustion. We got through. This month I am so very grateful that we will be celebrating my daughter 's 40th. None of us knew we were as strong as we were. You have that same strength and will get through this tough time too . Please know there are so many of us who follow your blog who are sending warm thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Do Share!