Thursday, March 8, 2012

PINK WELL FOR METAVIVOR

ARE YOU VOTING?  AT LEAST ONCE A DAY??

THIS FRIDAY, MAKE SURE YOU VOTE.  METAVIVOR IS THE FEATURED ORGANIZATION AND EACH VOTE COUNTS AS TEN.  MY FRIDAY VOTES WILL COUNT AS THIRTY VOTES.

I can do this for Rachel.  I can do this for Susan, too.  And for my sweet friend, A, who died a week before they did.  And for my neighbor who was buried yesterday.

If you have a twitter account, a Facebook account and an email address, you can legitimately vote THREE times a day, Every Day. Until May 15th.

Metavivor is the organization that Rachel requested we support.  Cards were available at her memorial service.  More than one person who spoke mentioned the cards and suggested donations.

Times are tight.  Many of us may not be in a position to donate money.  However, EACH of us is capable of taking the time to vote.  Vote.  Honor the memories of Rachel and Susan.  Metastatic disease.  That is what causes death in breast cancer patients.  This is the area where we need research.  This is where SO few research dollars are directed.  Metavivor is trying to make a difference.

We can help them secure $50,000 from Lester Smith and the Pink Well Challenge.  Let's get Metavivor to win this thing.

Oh... and IF you choose to donate funds, part of the Pink Well Challenge is a matching funds program.  Use donate button on the Pink Well site.  I'm guessing here, but that is likely how the fund matching works.  It will take you right to the Metavivor page, but I think we need to "click through" Pink Well.  When you hit the donate button on the Pink Well site, it will bring you to the Metavivor page.  Once there, you CAN donate in honor of Rachel.  Her name is right on the page.  You can even specify that you want 100% of your donation to go toward research.

I think Lester Smith is pretty awesome for his generosity.  I think Metavivor is pretty awesome for their tenacity.  And I think WE are pretty awesome if we can make this happen.....

What ARE YOU WAITING FOR???  Go VOTE!

Footnote:  I hope some of my blogger buddies have spread the word that today is INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY.  Me?  I don't think we need to mark any particular day because in my mind.....EVERY DAY is a day to celebrate women....

6 comments:

  1. AnneMarie,

    I'm planning to vote, too. It's the least we can do to support such a worthy organization. And you are right: every day is the day to celebrate women!!!! We ROCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, AnneMarie. I did not know about this until I saw your tweet and blog--so I'M VOTING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love SOCIAL MEDIA... Send the ripples..... Tweet to everyone.....

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I plan to vote, too. Thanks for alerting us. I didn't even know the term Metavivor existed, but I like it. And I agree with you: EVERY DAY is a day to celebrate women. No question. No room for argument. There, I said it. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone for your support of METAvivor. Keep those votes coming ... they will be counted until May 15.

    Regarding donations, you can also donate directly on the METAvivor website. We keep a tally and submit it to Pink Well at the end of the competition. Pink Well matches funds up to $45,000. They also give a $50,000 bonus to the organization raising the most funds during the competition.

    Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for popping over. I will keep tweeting and directing everyone to Pink Well. Thanks for clarifying the way the donations will be tallied, too! Rachel loved you and we all know Rach did her HOMEWORK.....

      Delete

Something to add? Do Share!