Monday, December 16, 2013

THE REAL DEAL FROM SAN ANTONIO

No hype.  No spin.  Just the facts via links from people who are far more qualified than I am to sort out the information from San Antonio.

For starters, Dr. Love.

Begin at The Big Breast Meeting and then you can read her take on the presentations from Day One, Day Two and Day Three.

The #BCSM Community site has a post by Dr. Robert Miller.  Dr. Miller is a medical oncologist at Johns Hopkins and he was one of my trusted tweet sources.  He shares his personal experience as an attendee on his own blog, Perspicacity.

Dr. Julie Gralow was my other trusted tweet source and she may be providing additional information for the #BCSM site.  As of now, it's not posted yet.  I'll update as needed with appropriate links.  And here is the update from the #BCSM site, as promised.

The audio tapes directly from the stage presentations can be found here.  Without the slides, they can be a bit difficult to understand but if you want to hear the words as they were spoken, that's the link to click.

Breastcancer.org has podcasts from each day.  They can be found here, here and here.  Those are easy to understand.

From Dr. Jay Harness and Breast Cancer Answers, the mentor session that was live streamed is located here.  If you go to the very end, you will hear Dr. Steven Shak, the founder of Genomic Health (Onco-Dx, anyone?) saying hello to me.  Technically, he said, "Hello New York."  I was NY.

The video links are in excess of three hours.  The BreastCancer.Org videos are approximately 30 minutes each.  The Hot Topic mentor session is about 90 minutes.

Between the reading and the watching, you have plenty to come back for over the next couple of days.  I will be out and about.  I have a bit of shopping to finish and this year, no worries about that tree.  It's decorated.  With ornaments.

Last minute errands this year:  finish my shopping and wrapping all of the gifts.  At least I have the wrapping paper and the tape.  Now to find the sharp scissors.

Like it?  Share it!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link to Dr. Love. I find her blog easy to follow when hearing the news. ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really has a gift for speaking in ways we can understand.. I love the metaphors!!

      Delete

Something to add? Do Share!