Monday, February 27, 2012

RIDICULOUS, RIDICULOUS-ER, RIDICULOUS-EST

Yes, this is me, once again making up my own words.  This video is probably not new for most of you but I never saw it, so here goes.  I need to be sure to keep in in my blog... for posterity.  


It doesn't get much dumber than this?  The world has gone mad......  This was a fundraising event that took place before I got involved in this blog world.  I surely can't be the only way who finds it bizarre that a STRIP club is raising "awareness" or money for breast cancer.  Seriously?  I don't know whether to laugh or cry or hurl something.  It's ridiculous.  I stumbled over this when I began to dig for information about something that is at the top of the stupidity food chain..... First, the video and then, take a peek below said absurd video for some REAL (raise the sarcasm level in your tone) "amusement."  




That, as my girlfriend is fond of saying, falls under the heading of:  "You can't make this shit up!"

THIS, however, is truly the Ultimate, The Ridiculous-EST thing I've ever seen.  It takes the booby prize.  Yes, pun intended. PUNch, too.  Perhaps.

We are all familiar with "speed dating" .....  Well.... how's this for an innovation.  Speed product pitching.  Sounds like a pretty innovative idea to me.  The name of the company is New Product Events.  It's easier for you to read they way it works rather than me going into one of my lengthy explanations.  Very clever young women.  Nice way to think outside the box.  Love it.

Until.  I. hate. it.

The next event open for registration?  The THINK PINK SPEED PITCHING (TM) MEDIA EVENT.  I emailed this from the registration page directly to my blog.  I didn't want anyone to have to click on a link and lose the full effect of this utter nonsense.

I'm pissed off.  I wish Rachel were here.  She would have a field day with this .....  I'm not clever enough..... the rest of you can add your snark.  We can have our own little version of "What Would Rachel Say?"

Me?  Just a couple of questions.  Don't think they are rhetorical, either.

  • Why the need to trademark "Think Pink Speed Pitching" ..... that's a good starter question.
  • And, the pink product pushers get to pay $2500.00 for the honor of being one of eighteen participants pushing their pink ware to ...  ummm... well, to WHOM?
  • Is any part of that $2500.00 registration fee being donated to fund research or to help women who may need financial assistance because of their disease?    
I'm just curious.  And I'm F..ing outraged.  I promised Rachel I'd be a fearless friend.  I also promised MYSELF I'd be fearless in this fight.  If I see something, I'm saying something.  I'm not going to stop making noise until I have acceptable answers.  What is this all about???  Aside from the obvious... more people finding NEW AND INGENIOUS ways to MAKE MONEY out of "The breast cancer brand."

I can't be the only one who is this irritated.  Or maybe I am... and I'm just turning into one of those crotchety old bitches.  Hell... I'm blaming that on the estrogen suppression.....  I'm getting cranky.  I'm intolerant of being branded.  (OK.... I seriously think I might prefer an actual branding iron.)  When do we say, Enough is enough.  Personally, I think this crossed the line.  Feel free to tell me why I should feel differently.  I'm open minded.  Just not about being the object of someone's "in the black" bottom line.

FYI, this is NOT the first time they held one of these pink events.  I'm digging to find out about the past events.  So far, no luck.  I'll keep digging... but, without further adieu:

null

Think Pink Speed Pitching™ Media Event

Contact

Nicole Vance
New Product Events
704-560-4917

Register Now!

When




Think Pink Speed Pitching Media Event


Wednesday, May 9, 2012


Both Sessions Included!
Morning 9:30AM to 11:00AM EDT
Afternoon 12:30PM to 2:00PM

Different media panel at each session!



Directions

Hilton New York Rockefeller Center

Nassau Suite, 2nd floor
1335 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10019
 

 Think Pink Map

Past Events


Think Pink ONJ
 null

Join us for the most unique kind of media event...speed pitching™













Where else can you get the undivided attention 
of the top editors & producers looking for
pink breast cancer products all in one day?

No place. This is it.

Only 18 brands will be selected to participate.
Submit your product for consideration before it's too late.

For more information about our events visit us at
NewProductEvents

Here's how it works.   
You get two fast-paced, media-packed 90-minute sessions where you will move through the room pitching your product face-to -face to individual media representatives.  
You will rotate every 5 minutes from media table to media table.  
No other  media event is designed to give every brand this one-on-one pitching experience.
No distractions, no crowds, no desperate  attempts  to get the media to stop at your booth. This is a one-of-a-kind opportunity to impress top media outlets for their product review editorials.
All  you need to  bring is one sample to demonstrate, because the media will take home a fantastic, pre-prepared tote bag with your product and product literature.
 Pink Ribbon
All products must financially support breast cancer awareness, treatment or research. Please submit a statement as to how your product complies.
We are looking for products from every category:

  • Fashion & Accessories    
  • Health & Fitness
  • Tech & Gadgets
  • Home & Garden
  • Kitchen & Food
  • And more!

Cost to participate:  $2,500
Exhibitors will receive a gift card for the Hilton Marketplace restaurant for breakfast or lunch on the day of the event.


Refund & Cancellation Policy:
Registration Fees & Payments: Registration fees must be paid in full upon selection. Exhibitor fee includes participating in the event.  The exhibitor fee does not cover other expenses, including but not limited to shipping, travel, Internet access, or equipment rentals.
Withdrawals & Refunds: Due to the need for brand and product diversity, once an exhibitor registers other brands are turned away, therefore refunds are not given for withdrawals from the event.

Event Cancellation: Should the event be cancelled due to circumstances beyond the control of New Product Events, including, but not limited to, labor strikes, terrorism, earthquakes, fire, and weather conditions, exhibitors will be refunded 50% of the registration fee.

For circumstances outside of those listed above, New Product Events reserves the right to cancel any event at any time prior to the event. Should New Product Events cancel an event, a full refund will be made to the exhibitors for the amount paid to New Product Events at the time of the cancellation.  Media outlets mentioned as part of the media panel are based on firm commitments on behalf of the media attendees.  New Product Events reserves the right to replace media attendees as necessary.

Loss, Theft or Damage:
New Product Events is not liable or responsible for loss, damage or theft of the exhibitor's products or equipment at the event or in transit.



As for Rachel, I think Ronnie, Being Sarah's beloved answered my question.  WWRS?  Perfectly worded tweet, in fact PITCH perfect:

"2500.00 2 pitch pink shit 2 shitheads."

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for writing, in general, thank you for writing. But, thank you for writing about this stuff too.

    Keith and I were looking at k-cups the other day for Keurigs and I kid you not that they make 'pink ribbon' k-cups. Maybe you're protected from breast cancer if you drink it.

    It's so aggrevating!

    Keep kicking ass, girl!!

    Katie

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Katie! And thanks for being sending me that tweet shout about the latest chemobrain study....... All the more reason why we need to get on the "eradicate" band wagon. Curing those of us who've already had the disease, the treatment and the subsequent fall out is important. Saving those with mets is most important..... and ultimately...... finding ways that this can be stopped in the first place is where we need to focus. THAT doesn't really fit into this crap of selling more pink shit........

      I found those K Cups..... they are on a Pinterest Board.....

      xoxox

      Delete
  2. I think these people are called "opportunists." That's the nicest thing I can think of:)

    XOXOXO,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you, Brenda because you can always find the "kind" way to say something. Two Young Women. Blows My Mind. What E Ver.

      xoxox
      AnneMarie

      Delete
  3. Wow, pink frying pans, I've never seen that before! Do you cook pink food in it? Just wondering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pink lemonade.... what the heck else is pink that could be put into a frying pan? Personally, I love the photo of the apron. We should all be June Cleaver? Stay at home, shut our mouths and cook (ahem, in a pink frying pan)......

      Delete
  4. You ladies are odd

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Do Share!