Sunday, April 12, 2015

FOR SEPORAH WITH EVERLASTING LOVE

In the clearing stands the boxer and a fighter by his trade,
And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down
And cut him til he cried out in his anger:


Seporah's very last tweet. She knew. We all knew. That doesn't make it hurt any less, indeed, it makes it hurt that much more. I have a candle burning and will continue to let it burn until the last bit of wax extinguishes the flame.

Seporah's light will never be extinguished. Just like Annie's light.

Please read Seporah's own words, in her HuffPo blog which she wrote just three months ago when Annie Goodman died. Diagnosed just a day apart and death within 4 months of each other, friends from Long Island from the ripe old age of nine, neither would see their 35th birthday.

Light a candle, celebrate her life, shed the tears that must be shed and remember to honor her in the way she would want. For now, I am giving in to the anger and the pain that runs through the lyrics of the Simon and Garfunkel song, The Boxer that Seporah quotes in that very last tweet.

Upstate AnnMarie, I know you are hurting along with so many others but I know your hurt runs deeply. I send you love and gratitude for everything you did for Seporah and all you continue to do for the entire metastatic community.

Seporah, I know you are a Billy Joel fan.... Every time I hear Only The Good Die Young, I will see your smiling face and hear that laugh and know that truer words aren't found anywhere....

only the good die young


Like it?  Share it!

5 comments:

  1. No words, but I've been told this was one of Seproah's favorites: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1cRXgDFiSs

    Her light will never go out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I did not know her and although we "expect" it, it still hurts. Because we are all in this together.

    We are losing too many women. We need answers. We need a cure.

    May she Rest in Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so poignant. So beautiful. Our hearts break. Again. We will not forget.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me both smile and cry. I am Seporah's sister Mara Kotler and I am absolutely devastated by my sister's passing and finding it hard to cope. The only thing that's helping me even a little is reading so many of the posts from people who loved her and we're touched by her. Thank you for this beautiful tribute to my little sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mara,
      I am so sorry and I can't begin to imagine the enormity of your hurt. I'm grateful that I had the chance to offer you my condolences in person. Seporah touched the lives of more people that either of us can possibly imagine. Seporah's death and the death of so many others of metastatic disease is what compels me to push for better research, better treatment options and ultimately, to stop the deaths from this dread disease. I send love to you, your husband and especially your mom. ~AnneMarie

      Delete

Something to add? Do Share!