Tuesday, November 12, 2013

THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY ....

I had a birthday over the weekend.  It wasn't a significant birthday, you know, one of those birthdays that end in a zero... or sometimes a five....

When we were young, the big birthdays ended in a six, an eight and then, a one.  After that, it's all just a blur of numbers.

Technically, EVERY birthday is a significant birthday but, oh you know what I'm saying....

The thing is, I am truly overwhelmed by the birthday wishes that were sent my way.  There were a whole bunch of messages on Facebook, a few phone calls, some text messages and I am so deeply grateful for each and every note or thought that was sent my way.

Thank you.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

As for this, I don't know whether to be amused or frightened.  Big brother is watching and I just have too much out there in cyberspace.

On the day of my birthday, I was looking for something on the internet.  I turned to google and saw a doodle.  It was clearly a birthday and I wondered who shared the 10th of November with me?  I know about the Marines.  That is one of those things I'll always remember because my dad made a habit of wishing me and the Marines a Happy Birthday.  Every year.

Except, google didn't acknowledge the 238th birthday of the US Marines.  And there were plenty who were not happy about it as reported in The Blaze.

The doodle on my google page was for me.  I'm going to guess they have a fancy algorithm or something and pulled the info from my google profile ....

Personally, I DO think the Marines should have gotten the shout out  .....

Still, this amused me because it's this little stuff that makes me laugh.....  So, a big thanks to the crew at Google.  It was a fun way to start the first day of the next year in my life.



Like it?  Share it!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm astonished - though I should be! Google IS big brother, just more friendly than the book suggested. Happy birthday AnneMarie. Now I'm off to twitter to tweet it to you there, as well! HAPPY BIRTHDAY. Every birthday is special because YOU are special. ;) ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ya GIRLLLLLL xoxox hope your day was pure happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy, Happy, Happy! And here's to many, many more birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. dear Anne Marie,

    HAPPY, HAPPY birthday to you my cherished friend. and tell you sweet Mom thanks for having such a wonderful child, who would grow into a woman that would have such impact on so many of our lives and our hearts.

    much love and light,

    karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! And you share a birthday with my niece who turned 16 and my cousin who turned 62, as well as the Marines who are way more important than all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday, Anne Marie - and many more! Hope it's a good year ahead, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Do Share!