Friday, June 21, 2013

KUDOS JACK ANDRAKA - THE ONE TO WATCH

Because I wrote a blog post about Jack over a year ago, it has been an absolute thrill to watch what is unfolding in his life. The initial blog post was written shortly after he was awarded the grand prize at the Intel ISEF.  He was 15 years old.  The beginning of this is worth watching.  Really, the whole thing is worth watching even if MOST OF US don't understand what he is saying until he gets to the 100% accurate part.



Fast forward to February.  I see Jack's name pop up in a twitter feed.  He was getting some well deserved recognition and that was when I "met" Jack.  He was in a chat and I was beyond impressed by his poise.  It has been said that some tweet chats can be a bit like drinking water from a fire hose.  He was answering questions as rapidly as they were being tossed his way.  I was delighted to become acquainted with Jack.

Between February and now?  Jack has been all over the world.  It's been a little like playing "Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego?"  That's the joy of twitter.  Chatting from anywhere there is an internet connection and he's been everywhere.  Speaking.  All over the world.

Jack has a Wikipedia page.  He's SIXTEEN.  He's humble.  And yesterday? Where was Jack??




He has captivated the world and the recognition is well deserved.  The sky is the limit.  The only thing I know?  I want to be in the audience when he is awarded the Nobel Prize.  It's not a question of if....it's a question of when...

Congratulations, Jack!  You are an inspiration.  I can't wait to see what's next......



3 comments:

  1. Yay for the boy from my home state! I remember seeing him on the news, but I just looked at his Wikipedia page and am in awe. His parents must be so proud!! However, if this test is so effective - why isn't someone producing it NOW?????

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Annemarie, I am so happy to have the update about jack - I've told so many people about him since your last post announcing his accomplishments. what a fine mind he has, along with such compassion and a desire to make a real contribution to help others. thank you!

    much love, XOXOXOXOXO

    karen

    ReplyDelete

Something to add? Do Share!