Monday, March 18, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM, I LOVE YOU.

It's been a rather difficult few weeks.... mostly, trying to keep a secret.

Yesterday, we had surprise party for my mom.  Her birthday was on March 3rd.  We were together to celebrate but yesterday, I think I can safely say she was shocked when my son walked her into Sunday brunch.  What she thought was lunch for six was a party with one hundred guests.

It's my sister.... she's the one who is not happy unless and until it's quite an extravaganza and she did an excellent job of tending to every single detail.... 

There are five of us.  I'm the oldest.  Somehow all of us were in front of a microphone.  My kids gave me strict instructions.  Keep it short.  I spoke last.  Put a microphone in front of me and I have nothing to say?????  

Yup... that was me... in front of a room filled with family and friends.  I think I said I wasn't prepared to speak.  I recall saying, "I just want you to know that I have your back..... I love you."

Today, all I have to say is Happy Birthday.....  And then, something you can never say enough:  I love you....


10 comments:

  1. A great picture of 2 beautiful and amazing women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two gorgeous women! Happy birthday and happy celebrations. :) AnneMarie, it sounds like you summed things up quite perfectly in your micro speech.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful you both are and now I also will remember your mom's birthday as it's my sister's birthday as well! I can almost feel the love that must have been in the room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful -- both the sentiments and the women pictured! Thanks for sharing this happy, happy occasion.
    (P.S. I LOVE your dress!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. dear anne marie and mom,

    could there be a more beautiful photo of the two of you?! look at those smiles...radiant, full of joy...full of such big love. thank you for sharing about the surprise b'day party. so glad your family had such a happy celebration and made more happy memories together.

    love and big hugs to you both, XOXOXOXO,

    karen, TC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your mom. What a fantastic photo of both of you. You and your mom look sensational! I am so happy for you and your family to have such a great occasion to celebrate. Hugs are in order!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday from upstate Ann Marie. You both look fantastic. I think what you said was perfect, shocked that you only said 2 sentences though! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. HB to your magnificent and beautiful mom!! And to her equally magnificent and beautiful daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo! And I've never known anyone who shared my birthday...until now...Happy Birthday fellow March 3rd baby!

    ReplyDelete